In the event of a catastrophic system failure, an otherwise properly licensed
and authorized copy of our product may be copied to a backup or failover
machine. The product's authorization algorithm will detect that the software
is operating on a machine serial number different than the licensed and
authorized serial number and automatically create and install a 30-day temporary authorization code
for the backup or failover machine. You do not need to contact Gumbo in the event of an emergency.
An otherwise properly licensed and authorized copy of this product may
be transferred to a backup or failover machine for the purpose of testing
your emergency recovery procedures and the product's automatic temporary
The correct sequence of steps is as follows:
- Install the software and enter the
permanent authorization code on your production machine.
- Save the software from your production machine using the Save Licensed
Program (SAVLICPGM) command. This creates an authorized copy, save it
with your backups.
- When restoring to the backup or failover machine you must first insure
that any previous copies have been deleted. To delete a previous copy
use the Delete Licensed Program (DLTLICPGM) command.
- Restore the authorized copy to the backup or failover machine using
the Restore License Program (RSTLICPGM) command.
- Confirm that the authorized copy was correctly restored by running the
Check Product Option (CHKPRDOPT) command.
- The first time the software is used on the backup or failover machine
the product's authorization algorithm will create and install a temporary authorization code
running for 30 days. This allows you install the authorized copy in advance
of a disaster.